Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

CHAPTER 11
Finally, the long awaited chapter is here! To be honest this chapter was written a month ago I just had to make sure it contained all the necessary fluff and awl that for you guys!! Don't kill me, I made EXTRA cute and sweet. S/O to my bf for editting it while I was soundly sleeping :) I really wasn’t going to update today either but he made me! Enjoy :)

The next morning, Drake was getting Scarlett dressed to go to the park. He and Nicki talked earlier on where they should meet and they both decided that the nearby park would be best. Today was the day that Nicki finally would get to meet her and he was excited. He knew that this would probably be awkward for both Scarlett and Nicki; they both had to get used to each other being around. He wanted this to go as smoothly as possible for everyone including Lisa. Drake slipped on her shoes and tied them.
“We’re about to go and meet someone very special today princess” he stated standing up. Scarlett just stared at him. “Don’t worry I think you’ll like her, she’s smart, funny and beautiful just like you” he said tapping her on the nose. She giggled. Drake went into his bedroom and grabbed his keys off the nightstand while Scarlett followed. He picked her up and headed downstairs. Lisa was straightening up the living room.
“I’m taking Scarlett to the park, we’ll be back in a couple hours” he stated heading out the door.
“Ok, have fun you two “
The ride to the park was short and quiet. Drake took Scarlett out of her car seat and locked the car door.
“Daddy swing” she said pulling at his pant leg and pointing.
“Ok princess let’s swing first” He placed her into the swing and started pushing her. His phone buzzed indicating he had a message, it was Nicki.
Hey baby just letting you know I’m on my way- Nicki
OK babe, we’re waiting for you :)- Drake
:)- Nicki
Nicki pulled up in her rented all black Mercedes Benz twenty minutes later. As she began to observe the scenery she saw him in the distance playing with his daughter on the swings. Seeing them made her a little nervous about everything. Her stomach felt as if she was being hit with a million butterflies all at once. This was a huge step in their relationship; One not to be taken lightly. She took the keys out of the ignition and got out. Nicki had on some black faded jeans, a white tank top and a pink jacket with her Barbie chain. Her hair was in a black long bob and she had on black Christian Louboutin shoes. She pushed the button to lock the car and it chirped grabbing Drake’s attention. He smiled and almost got hit with Scarlett. He picked her up from out of the swing and met her halfway. They shared a hug.
“Hey babe, I missed you” he said kissing her softly on the cheek and smiling wide.
“I missed you too”she said looking at him shyly.
“This is little princess right here is Scarlett, Scarlett can you say hi to Nicki?” he said introducing them.
“Hi” she said lowly.
“Aww, hi Scarlett. Drake she’s too adorable” she said holding her little hand.
“Thank you, let’s go sit somewhere” he suggested. They walked over to a bench that was near the slides. Drake sat Scarlett on his lap. Scarlett pointed to the sand box.
“Daddy I wan play in da sand” she said.
“Ok go play and don’t put sand in your hair”he warned.
“Otay” Scarlett took off to the sand box to play leaving Drake and Nicki alone to talk.
“So how did it go onset?” he asked.
“It was great, I had a blast.”
“That’s good, I’m glad you had fun” The moment got a little awkward. Nicki was looking at Scarlett playing in the sand box. She was so cute. She difinitely looked like her father. From his ears to his nose to his infectious smile; she had it all. Definitely a daddy's girl she thought. Drake glanced back and forth between her and Scarlett.
“What are you thinking?” he asked bluntly.
“What made you ask me that?” she said turning to face him.
“I can tell you thinking about something and I want to know”
“I’m actually thinking about a lot of things”
“Like?”
“Like how do I fit into all of this?”she said pointing between him and Scarlett.
“So you think this was too soon?”
“No, It’s not that, I’m just a little nervous that’s all. This is all new to me” she said taking his hand into hers and looking into his eyes.
“I understand baby, I just want you to be comfortable around her. I don’t want you feeling awkward or anything” She looked at him and smiled. He stood up and grabbed her hand.
"Come here"
“Where are we going?”
“To play with Scarlett”
“Oh no you go ahead I’ll just watch”
“No you coming with me”
“Drake I-“ he kissed her softly on the lips before she could protest any further.
“Just trust me you’ll be fine”
“But I have on heels, I can’t play in heels”
“Then go change into some flip flops or sandles, I know you carry a pair around”
“How do you know?” He shrugged.
“I just do, now go get them” he demanded. She went over to the car and changed her shoes. She walked back to him and they both walked over to Scarlett.
“Daddy look!” she said pointing at her attempt at a sand castle. Nicki laughed.
“I see princess, let’s play something else. You want to go on the slide?” he asked. Scarlett got up and shook her head yes. Drake picked her up and held Nicki’s hand as they walked to the slide. Drake climbed up the ladder and put Scarlett in his lap.
“I’m clearly too big for this but oh well”he shrugged. Nicki couldn’t help but to stifle a laugh. He looked like a big kid on the slide. “Hey it’s not funny, I’ll do anything for my princess” he said looking down to see Scarlett looking up at him. Drake held her tight and pushed forward. He and Scarlett slid down the slide with their hands up in the air. Nicki smiled and clapped as they got up.
“Now your turn” Drake said putting Scarlett on her feet.
“What?”
“You go with her now”
“Drake idk”
“Scarlett, is it ok if Nicki go with you this time?” he said bending down to her level.
“Yes” she said shaking her head shyly. Drake smiled.
“See she wants you to go with her”
“Ok fine I’ll go” she said giving in. Nicki climbed the ladder and Drake handed Scarlett to her. She placed Scarlett in her lap and they both came down minutes later. Scarlett was clapping her hands.
“Again” she exclaimed.
“You want to go again?” Drake asked.
“Yes” she said shaking her head. Drake got another idea.
“Nicki stay at the end of the slide, this time she’ll go by herself and I want you to catch her at the bottom ok?”
“Ok, that sounds like a plan.” He smiled. Drake went up to the top of the slide and sat Scarlett down. She was getting scared.
“Noo daddy” she said reaching for him.
“It’s ok, look you see Nicki?” He said pointing, Scarlett nodded her head yes. “Nicki’s going to catch you, don’t be afraid” Scarlett was still a little apprehensive. Nicki smiled and she felt a little better. Drake gave her a little push and she went sliding down. Nicki saw her coming and grabbed her before she could slide off. Scarlett buried her face into Nicki’s chest.
“Aww, it’s ok I got you now” she cooed patting her head. "You ok ladybug?" she asked. Scarlett looked up and hugged her even tighter. Drake couldn’t help but smile. Seeing Scarlett clutched into Nicki's chest made him feel happy. Happy that he was at a place in his life to even attempt to give Scarlett a more normal life. These exercises were working and now they both were warming up to each other.
Nicki handed Scarlett over to Drake.

"How did that feel?" he asked recieving his daughter.

"It felt good" she stated simply.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, she's so soft and cuddly"she gushed. Drake chuckled.
“I think we should go back to my place now. What do you think?’
“Sure, lead the way"


Drake and Nicki walked to their respective vehicles and drove off. Nicki had never been to his house before so she followed closely behind him. All the butterflies that she had felt earlier were slowly disappearing. She smiled remembering how Scarlett held tight onto her like she just knew she wouldn’t harm her. Normally you would have to bribe kids with toys just for them to be comfortable around you. But she was warming up to her quickly so she just figured she'll do the same.
It was a short ride to his house. Drake unbuckled his daughter from her car seat and walked to his front door while Nicki followed. Lisa was in the kitchen when they walked into the house.
“How was the park?“ she said walking over to them and noticing Nicki. Drake looked at her confused expression.
“Lisa I’d like you to meet my girlfriend Nicki. Nicki this is my nanny Lisa” he said introducing the two.
“Oh…well hello Nicki it’s nice to meet you” she said extending her hand. Nicki just stood there with a weak smile.
“Be nice” Drake whispered in her ear.
“Nice to meet you too” she said shaking Lisa’s hand quickly and letting go. Scarlett was getting tired so Drake grabbed Nicki’s hand and they both walked up to her room to put her down for a nap. She watched as he laid her in her bed and tucked her in. When she was fast asleep he walked out and closed it. Nicki just stared at him.
“What?” he asked.
“Seeing you in ‘daddy mode’ is kinda sexy to me”
“Really? I can play daddy to you too you...you know” he said wrapping his arms around her waist.
“Umm……..I don’t think so”  she said shaking her head.
“Too far?” he asked.
“Uh huh” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him softly on the lips.
“I think we need to go somewhere else before we wake up sleeping beauty.” He whispered while picking her up and taking her to his room. He placed her on his bed and laid next to her wrapping his arms around her petite frame. He stared into her eyes and she did the same.
“You know I’m excited that you’re here, you need to move here”


“I can’t just up and move Drake”
“I know but I want you closer to us”
“And I want to be closer to you guys too but I still have to see if this is even right, we’ve only been dating for a week.”
“Your right. This is harder than I thought it would be.” he sighed.

"Mhmm" she said sleepily.
“You seem pretty tired”
“I am”
“Want me to give you a massage?”
“Please”
Drake went into his bathroom and returned a few minutes later with massage oil. Nicki looked at him weird.
“What?”
“Nothing just hurry up”
“A bit demanding don’t you think?”
Nicki rolled over onto her stomach. He lifted her tank top to gain access to her back.
“Don’t try anything crazy”
“I won’t do anything that you don’t want me to do, I promise”
“Mhmm” Drake straddled her and poured some oil in his hands and rubbed them together. He began at her shoulders.
“Damn baby you’re really tense”
“I am?”
“Yeah you are”
“How can you tell?”
“Your muscle is really hard; it’s supposed to be soft and smooth”
“I guess I have to blame it on working too hard”
Drake moved down massaging her lower back. He looked and saw that she had two dimples right above her butt. He smiled and started playing with them.
“Drake please stop playing around with my dimples, I know they’re cute and all but your massage was helping me relax”
“I’m sorry baby” He continued massaging her. A couple minutes later he stopped and looked at her, she was fast asleep. Drake pulled her shirt down and gave her a kiss on her cheek. He climbed off of her and pulled the covers from up under her. He placed the comforter over her and grabbed the remote from off the nightstand. He wasn’t sleepy at all so he just settled in the bed watching TV while his two girls were soundly sleeping.
 
Two hours had passed when there was a soft knock on the door.
“Come in” he said a little above a whisper careful not to wake Nicki from her slumber. The door opened and Lisa appeared with a newly awoken Scarlett in her arms.
“Sorry to intrude but Scarlett just woke up and she wants you” she said walking over to him and handing her over to Drake.
“Daddy” she whined and extended her arms.
“Thank you Lisa” Lisa looked over to a sleeping Nicki and suddenly became disgusted. Everything was going according to plan until she showed up. She turned around and left as quickly as she came.
“You want to watch cartoons princess?” he asked. Scarlett shook her head. She wasn’t fully awake yet. Drake turned the channel to sponge bob. He never really understood why kids liked a sponge that talks and lives under the sea in a pineapple but it was definitely one of Scarlett’s favorites. As time went on, he realized that she wasn’t really paying attention to the TV. She kept glancing over to Nicki who was still peacefully sleeping.
“Who is that?” he asked her.
“Dats Nicki daddy, her sleeping” she said pointing and putting her little finger over his mouth to shush him.
“Oh ok, I’ll be quiet” he whispered. Scarlett crawled over to Nicki and patted her head. Drake was appalled at how caring she was being towards Nicki. He never expected her to warm up to her this fast but he was ecstatic. Nicki started sturring 30 minutes later. She opened her eyes to see Scarlett cuddled next to Drake staring at her.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Yeah" she said sitting up in the bed.

"Someone told me to shhh and started patting your head while you slept" he said pointing to Scarlett.

"Really?" Drake shook his head. "Well that was sweet of you ladybug" she said to Scarlett. Scarlett played with her fingers nervously.

"You hungry?"

"Yeah, what do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking about ordering Chinese or pizza"

"Chinese will work"

"Ok chinese it is then" Drake grabbed his phone and ordered the Chinese while Nicki went into the bathroom to relieve herself. Scarlett sat on the bed watching TV. 45 minutes later there was a knock on the door. He took Scarlett in his arms and went downstairs while Nicki followed. He paid the delivery guy and went into the dinning room.

"Nicki can you get Scarlett settled into her chair while I grab the plates.

"Ok, no problem" she said picking her up and putting her into her high chair. Drake went to call Lisa to see if she was hungry and wanted to join but she must have stepped out the house because he didn't find her in her room. He shrugged and went to fix the plates. A few minutes later she stepped into the house.

"Hey are you hungry, we have chinese?"

"No, I just ate but thank you"

"Ok" he said walking over to the table with the plates. He handed Nicki and Scarlett there food.

"Daddy juice" Scarlett whined.

"Ok baby I'll get you some juice. Nicki what do you want to drink?"

"Water is fine baby"

"Ok" he stated going back into the kitchen. He handed Nicki her water and placed one by his plate. He placed a sippy cup next to Scarlett and they all sat and ate engaging in small talk. Once they were finished Drake cleaned up and they sat in the living room watching Lion King, Scarlett's favorite. After the movie ended Scarlett looked at Drake and Nicki cuddled up on the couch. She never saw her dad act the way he was acting towards anyone else before so she just stared. Nicki sat up and distanced herself from him. He knew why so he didn't ask. It was an awkward environment when Drake thought of something that he wanted to show Nicki. It definitely would ease the awkwardness in the room.
"Hey you wanna see something real cute?” he asked Nicki.
“Yeah sure” Drake went to his entertainment center and popped a CD in. He grabbed the remote and pressed play. Aaliyah’s ‘Rock the boat’ blasted through the speakers. Scarlett looked at her dad and her eyes lit up. Drake laughed because he knew that she loved the song and was about to start dancing.
“Go ahead baby show us what you got” Scarlett put her hands on her knees and swayed from side to side doing her little dance. Nicki couldn’t help but smile. Drake went over to Scarlett and twirled her around a couple times. He grabbed Nicki's hand and all three were dancing in no time. Nicki wasn't big on dancing but she played along. She didn't want to be the boring one in the group. Lisa walked in to see what all the commotion was about, she saw everyone dancing and having a good time except her. She longed for a family like the one that was developing right before her eyes, she instantly was jealous at their developing bond.

"Hey you want to join us?" Drake asked. Nicki shot an evil glare at Drake, he didn't pay attention to her. Lisa kindly declined and went back to her room. "Hmm..wonder what's her problem?" he thought but he just brushed it off and kept soaking in the moment they were having.



NOTE TO ALL: Don’t get too comfortable because things are just starting to take off. Lots of drama is ahead, you won’t be seeing cute Dricki in the next few chapters. Relationships with family members, friends, lovers will be tested and lies and secrets will be revealed so don’t get your hopes up J Thanks for reading and…



PLEASE COMMENT



10 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait...drama?...no cute Dricki?? Uh oh its about to go down!! and Lisa needs to take about a million steps back. Yo are just a Nanny. Glad that Nicki and Scarlett are bonding. Haha that dancing scene was cute. Great chapter. Please post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww :0 Noo Cute Dricki! Nd i think somethinq might go down with nicki nd the Nanny Lisa!! Awwww scarlett Likes nicki Howw cutee!(: i loved it(: disnt want it to end, Well POST SOON! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww to cute but that lisa girl better stay away from drake I swear fo god if lisa does any thing im coming after her

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh the chapter was super CUTE! Drake, Nic and Scarlett are like the perfect family!!! I loved the whole beginning when they were at the park and Nic was nervous, but awwwwww Drake is so cute :) He made her feel all comfortable, it was just adorable! Lmaooo him on that slide!! Ad omg when Scarlett went down the slide alone and Nicki caught her... that was precious <3

    I just LOVE how her and Scarlett are getting along. Scarlett definitely likes her :)) YAY! “Really? I can play daddy to you too you...you know” lmfaooo Drizzayyy! Ahh Dricki are too adorable. And damnnnnn that massage he gave her like *fans self* haha they're the cutest. Omggg I can't figure out who's cuter, Nic and Scarlett or Dricki?! :O When Scarlett patted her head >>>> cutest little thing! They're so happy it's just ahhhhhh too cute!

    But of course, every story needs twists -_______- This heaux, Lisa better not hurt any of them! But omg no more cute Dricki stuff?? :'( Noooooooooooo! Ughhhh but Dricki will forever love each other, I know :) Post real soooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :o. I mean you can't end like that & not expect me to want more, so post soon :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^_____^ MY BABY LIKES HER! :D :p
    I knew she would..I mean who wouldn't like Nic?
    They were so cute being a liddo family at the park & lol aww she would not let Nic go! Hahaha & LOL @ Drake playing with her back dimples..but now it's time to get to the person I dislike since day one: Lisa >___< Heifer better watch her back! I'm still keeping my eye on her..she is know good & I'm just waiting for her to be slick. I'm glad Nic don't like her either. I'm ready for what's about to go down so please post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwww!!! I freakin love thissss....
    She loves Nic...they bonding really well too.
    I now don't trust Lisa at all. I feel like she is going to do something to mess things up.
    I love how Drake acts when she's around Nic...he be acting like...
    And Scarlet cuddled up to Nic's chest is sooo cute.
    But let me just say i am ready for the drama though, i wanna see if their relationship is worth everything and worth fighting for. The drama will definatly prove how strong their love is.
    Loved it babe!!! <3 U :*

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I live for this!!
    Lmfao!
    Uhmm Is it wrong that I secretly want Lisa and Drake to live happily ever after. I'm such a bitch lol!
    #TeamNickiBettaWatchHerBackCauseLisaJealousLol

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first time commenting on your blog I believe. But I KNEW it!! I knew Lisa was gonna try to go after Drake cause of that bathing suit she wore. But let the drama begin *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete