Sunday, August 26, 2012

DISAPPEARING ACT

CHAPTER 20

Hey guys I'm back again. I was in a good mood since the QUEEN followed me a couple days ago!!! I'm still on high from it! S/O 2 everyone that supports this fic because I would've been gave up on this story a long time ago had it not been for your comments. They mean a lot to me.  As for this chapter, all imma say is…Enjoy :)


A week later Drake was sitting at the bar going over his bank statements when something caught his eyes. Nicki walked into the kitchen where he was after she gave Scarlett a bath and put her to bed. She leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. 

“Scarlett is finally asleep” she informed wrapping her arms around his waist as he focused on the paperwork before him.


“Ok, thanks babe” he replied nonchalantly. 

Nicki scrunched up her face and looked at him quizzically. “What’s wrong?” she asked concerned. Drake turned to look at her. 

He smiled and leaned in planting a kiss on her lips. “I was just looking over some things that’s all” he said pulling out the bar stool for her to sit. She sat next to him and he handed her a piece of paper. “Look at those and tell me what you think” he said handing her another one. Nicki looked at the documents then she furrowed her brow.

“What is this about?” she asked. He sighed heavily.

“That’s my account and what’s supposed to be there isn’t” he replied. She looked at him then back at the documents before her.

“Baby you’re sure you accounted every purchase you made? Because this isn’t adding up” she said looking at him.

“Yes I did, and just to make sure I had an accountant looking over it just in case I was overlooking something and she can’t even tell me why there’s $350,000 missing from my account.” He paused for a second then continued. “But that’s not it, look at this” he said handing her some more documents. She looked over them and saw that it was a separate account with Scarlett's name on it.

“Baby is this Scarlett’s college fund?” she asked. He shook his head yes.

“And I never even touched that account!” 

Nicki placed the statement down then looked at him. "Babe who have anyone had access to your accounts other than you?" she asked seriously. Drake paused for a moment thinking.

"I don't think so" he replied but then thought about someone who did. "Wait a minute Lisa is the only other person that had access to this type of information"

Nicki stared at him. "Baby you have to do something to stop this because she's obviously still has access to your account" Drake quickly picked up his phone and called his bank to inform them about the situation he was having. They switched his assets into new accounts and cancelled the old ones. Once he did that, he contacted his lawyers. Two hours later everything was done and he and Nicki went to bed.


----------

The sun was setting in the sky as Drake was reading Scarlett a book while Simba was asleep at his foot. They had a long day at the petting zoo. Out of all the animals, Scarlett was fascinated by the white pony and wanted to take him home with her. Drake had to explain that the pony would be sad if she took him away from his mommy. Scarlett accepted his excuse and Drake was relieved. There was no way he was going to buy a pony for her. She already had a puppy that Nicki bought her for her birthday.

He finished up the book and kissed her forehead. Drake was getting hungry and he didn’t feel like cooking so he got up and ordered them pizza. Forty-five minutes later the pizza arrived and he paid the delivery man and closed the door.

“Look what daddy got” he said walking into the kitchen. Scarlett looked at the box and yelled.

“Pizza!!”

“That’s right” he said getting out two plates and putting a slice on each of them. Scarlett ran into the dining room and sat. Drake laughed. He placed a plate in front of her and sat also. They both started eating and enjoying their father and daughter bonding time. Nicki was away in Miami doing a photoshoot. She had left right after they took Scarlett to the zoo. Drake missed her already but knew she would be coming back the next day. Scarlett cried when she left for the airport. For the first time she actually wanted to go on a plan which Drake found very ironic. Nonetheless he was happy that she really liked being around her because he definitely saw Nicki as the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.  When they were finished, he played with her for a little while then went upstairs and ran her bath water. He gave her a bath, put on her pajamas and tucked her into bed with Simba cuddled up in his doggie bed.

“I love you daddy” she said cuddling up with her bunny.

“I love you too princess”

Once she was asleep he kissed her forehead, turned off the light and went into his room to relax. He flipped through the channels to find something to watch. He settled on New Jack City and decided to text Nicki.

My life: How's the photo shoot coming along baby?

My love: It's ok but I'm getting tired. I miss you guys already ;'( 

My life: We miss you too babe. Aww they working my baby. Wish we could've came with you and keep you company but you'll be home and into my arms before you know it ;)

My love: Still sprung I see. And they are, I can't wait to come back :) Is Scarlett Ok?

My life: She's in bed sleeping. She was really sad when you left but she's fine now. The bed is empty without you and I'm lonely. I want to cuddle and kiss you right now but I can't.

My love: You're so cute. I'll make it up to you when I get back ;) That's good because I was starting to feel bad. I'm happy my lil ladybug is ok now. Did you kiss her for me?

My life: That's exactly how I feel when I leave her. And yes I did kiss her for you.

My love: Thank you babe. I'm about to go back on set. I'll call you before I leave. 

My life: Ok, I love you. Goodnight babe. 

My love: I love you too baby. 


Drake placed his phone on the nightstand and continued watching his movie. An hour later  he was drifting off to sleep when he heard the dog barking profusely so he went to go see what was going on. He opened the door to Scarlett’s bedroom and saw that the barking woke her up. She was rubbing her eyes.

“Daddy” she whined.

“It’s ok princess go back to sleep” he said laying her back down. She closed her eyes again and fell back to sleep. Drake sighed and picked the puppy up.

“What’s the matter with you?” he asked looking at Simba. The puppy barked again. “Shh, you’re waking her up” he said turning off the light and carrying Simba into his room. He placed Simba on the floor and went to the bathroom to relieve himself.

While in the bathroom,  he heard the puppy barking again. He sighed. What is up with that damn dog tonight! He thought. He turned the washed his hands and dried them with a towel before exiting the bathroom. He opened the door to find Simba looking at him.

“What’s wrong now?” He asked. Simba laid back down.

Drake shook his head and settled back in bed and finished his movie.

---------

Elsewhere, Forty was out getting a drink at a local bar when he came across a newspaper article. He doubled back and paid for the newspaper. As he began to read the article his eyes grew wide. He threw the drink he had in his hand and ran to his car. He had to get to Drake and fast.

Drake heard knocking at the door a few minutes later. He looked at the clock on his nightstand. It was almost midnight. He wondered who could be at the door this time of night. He got up out of bed and went downstairs to see who it was. He looked at the security cameras and saw Forty at the door. Drake opened the door to see that Forty had some paper in his hand.

“I know you aren’t coming to my house this time of night to talk about no music shit” he said opening the door. Forty rushed passed him into the house pacing back in forth in the foyer. Drake closed the door and turned to look at him. He sensed something was wrong by the look on his face. “What wrong man” he asked puzzled. Forty handed him the paper that was in his hand.

“Read this” he said as he raced upstairs. Drake took the newspaper article out of his hand and began to read out loud.

A woman is wanted for a federal money heisting scheme. The police have been trying to locate her whereabouts for months now. Her name is Samantha Wells and she appears to be a white woman in her early thirties and is about 5’4” with long black hair and black eyes. Detectives say that she has an alleged accomplice believed to be a man. She is also wanted for a string of kidnappings in the LA area. Police believe that she changes her appearance and name from time to time to disguise herself. She appears to go after victims with money claiming to be a nanny and taking their kids as a means to collect money. If you think you know any information regarding this case or know her whereabouts, you are urged to contact police immediately.

Drake looked at the picture of the woman and she looked a lot like Lisa. Her hair color and eyes weren’t the same but that could easily be manipulated. Forty appeared to the top of the stairs.

“Drake, Scarlett is gone!” he yelled. Drake immediately looked up from the newspaper.

“What!?” Drake dropped the papers on the floor and dashed upstairs taking three steps at a time to Scarlett’s bedroom. Her room was ransacked and her bed was empty with her bunny on the floor. Drake looked into the closet to discover that some of her clothes and backpack was missing. He immediately began to panic. “Oh my God! This can’t be happening! I just put her to bed! My baby!” he yelled. He ran out of the room as Forty was calling the police. Drake checked every crevice of his house and still found nothing.

“911, what’s your emergency?”

“My best friend’s daughter is missing and we need police over here now!” Forty frantically yelled into the phone.

“Ok sir, what’s the address?” He ran downstairs and grabbed some mail off the kitchen counter to get the address.

“Uh… it’s 4141 SW Woodhill Lane” he said into the phone.

“Ok sir, police are on their way. Can we speak to a parent of the child?”

“Yes…hold on” Forty ran around the house trying to find Drake. He was in the backyard looking around making sure she didn’t venture outside.  “Hey man, I called 911 and they want to talk to you” he said handing him the phone. Drake wiped his eyes and held the phone up to his ear.

“Hello” he croaked.

“Yes, are you the child’s father?”

“Yes I am”

“OK sir can you tell me your daughter’s name and a little bit about her” the dispatcher asked.

“H-H-Her name is Scarlett Monet’ Graham, she has light brown skin with gray eyes, light brown curly hair and she just turned three two weeks ago” he said as his voice cracked a bit.

“Thank you sir we’ll relay that information to all major news sources to find her. Do you have ay idea how might've taken her?"

"Yes, um I believe her name is Samantha Wells the wanted woman in the paper"

"Ok sir how do you know her?"

"She was my nanny but I fired her about four months ago" he replied.

"Thank you for that information sir. The police should be arriving any minute now”

“Thank you so much” 

"Your welcome"

Drake hung up the phone and handed it back to Forty. He took it and put his hand on his shoulder. Drake looked at him with his eyes now puffy and red.

“They’re gonna find her man”

A few minutes later, they saw the police headlights in the front of the house and went inside to let them in. Drake opened the door to see two officers standing there.

“Hello I’m Detective Harris and this is Detective Johnson, which one of you is the child’s father?” he asked pointing between the both of them. Drake raised his hand.

“I am” he said plainly.

“May we come in please?”

“Yeah” Drake motioned for them to come inside and he shut the door. He guided the detectives into the living room.

“Ok sir, we already have an Amber alert out on your daughter with the information you provided to the 911 operator. I along with detective Johnson will be on this case. Can you tell us what happened?”

Drake told them about him tucking Scarlett into bed right before Forty came to the door and informing him of a wanted woman in the newspaper. He also told them about Lisa being his nanny and him firing her. The detectives jotted some notes down on their note pad and Drake led them up to her bedroom so they could dust for fingerprints and other clues. Detective Harris took a picture of Scarlett from Drake. He snapped a picture of it with his phone and sent it over to police headquarters. Forty stayed in the living room contacting everyone he knew and told them to be on the lookout.

Once they were done they searched the perimeter of the house. Drake held onto Scarlett’s pink bunny trying to calm himself but nothing was working. He still couldn’t believe that his baby was gone. He started sobbing against the wall near her bedroom. He dried his eyes. He felt like he couldn’t tell his mother that he lost his daughter for fear that she would be disappointed in him. He blamed himself for even hiring Lisa or whatever her real name was in the first place. Drake was beating his head with the palm of his hand as tears streamed down his face.

He looked down at her bunny in his hands and pulled out his phone to dial the only person he knew he could talk to, Nicki. It was late in the night but he knew that she would answer the phone. She picked up on the second ring.

“Hello?” she said groggily into the phone. Drake had a huge lump in his throat and couldn’t talk. Nicki sat up in her hotel bed sensing something was horribly wrong. She knew who was at the other end of the line but she didn’t know why he wasn’t saying anything. “Babe answer me” she said getting frustrated. He swallowed the lump in his throat and finally spoke.

“Nicki she’s gone” he finally said as his voice cracked. Nicki scrunched up her face.

“Who’s gone?”

“Scarlett is gone!” he said through tears. Nicki got out of bed and stood up.

“What do you mean she’s gone?” she asked confused.

“Lisa took her! My baby is missing!” Nicki ran to her bags and threw on some jeans and a tee.

“What!?”

“My baby, my baby” he cried sliding down the wall.

“Babe I'm on my way right now!” she hanging up. She slipped her feet into some flip flops and grabbing her rental keys from the nightstand. She drove all the way to the airport and found the next available flight she could find on such a short notice. Nicki was on standby but she didn't care, she had to get to him. 

Once she arrived in LA, she got into her car speeding over to his house not knowing what actually happened. Nicki pulled up to his house and saw two police cars with red and blue lights on. Police officers were scattered around searching in the dark with flashlights. The house looked like a murder scene with yellow tape all around the 2 1/2-acre home. She got out her vehicle and ran towards the house where an officer greeted her.

"I'm sorry ma'am I can't let you in here right now" he said not knowing who she was. Nicki got frustrated.

"This is my boyfriend's house and he's expecting me" she informed him. 

"I understand ma'am but this is a crime scene and I can't let you in yet" Nicki was pissed.

"Listen if you don't let me in I'm just gonna have to force my way inside. I need to see him so get the FUCK OUT MY WAY!" she screamed. Forty saw her while talking on the phone. He ended his conversation and made his way towards her.

“Nicki” he yelled running outside to her. The police officer looked at him. "Let her in" he demanded. The officer looked at Nicki and finally moved so she can get inside. She gave him a look as she approached Forty.

“What’s going on here?” she asked.

"This should answer your question" he said handing her the newspaper. She read it and because enraged 

“That BITCH!” she yelled to no one in particular. “Where is Drake?” she asked steaming. Forty pointed inside the house.

"He's upstairs by Scarlett’s bedroom" he informed. Nicki wasted no time running inside the house. She jetted upstairs and as soon as she turned the corner she saw Drake on the floor holding onto Scarlett’s pink bunny. She raced over to him and wrapped her arms around him. She held him tight as he cried.

“It’s all my fault” he said sobbing. “I should’ve listened to you”

“Drake it’s not your fault.” she said looking at him.

“But had I not hired her this would’ve never happened”

“Look at me. You didn’t know it would come to this. I know you love her and you would do anything to protect her. Scarlett needs you to be strong for her right now and I need you to” she said looking him in the eyes. Drake mustered up the little strength he did have and straightened up. He looked at Nicki wiping his eyes.

“Your right” he admitted. She gave him a tight hug before kissing him on the cheek.

“Everything’s gonna be fine. We’re gonna find her” she said optimistically. Just then one of the detectives came back upstairs.

“Mr. Graham, I need you to see this” he said seriously. Drake stood up and pulled Nicki up along with him.

“What did you find?” he asked his voice shaking. The detective didn’t respond he just went downstairs. Drake looked at Nicki and they both followed him. Detective Harris lead them outside the house where two more officers were.

“We ran surveillance tapes of neighboring hotels and we found this” he said pointing to the tablet and pressing play. The video showed Lisa and Scarlett at the front desk of a hotel. Scarlett was crying and throwing a fit. The detective looked back at Drake.


“Oh god” Drake said trying to keep it together. The officer paused then kept going.

“The hotel manager thought that this woman was acting strange. Apparently she was staying at the hotel and checking out. They said that she didn’t have a child when she checked in and thought it was odd because your daughter was asking for her daddy and she covered the child’s mouth with her hand. She kept asking about information on flight departures to Ohio. We’re still talking to that hotel manager for more information” 


Drake couldn’t look at the tape anymore. It hurt him to know his daughter was asking for him and he was nowhere around. He was slowly losing it again.


Don’t kill me!. *cries* my poor Scarlett ;”( *runs far, far away* 


PLEASE COMMENT

10 comments:

  1. Whaaa?? Everything Happened soo Fast. This was Soo Unexpected. Everything was going good. Poor Scarlett.
    I wish Nothing more then For Lisa To Die in a Fucking hole, Never to be seen again. Poor drake. ): he should known something was up when Simba kept barking. Thank goodness for 40. If he didnt see that article and go straight to drake. Who knows if they would even have a chance of finding her. Nicki. Thoo. Is the best. Im glad shes there for Drake in his time of need. I alwas mew there was something fishy about Lisa. -__- and Nicki. She was right about her. I jus Hope they find Poor little Scarlett. My heart is beating a mile per minute after reading this. Imaa Really Need you To Posst As Soon as Possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hell no. Lisa is going to make me beat her myself. Not joking. I feel so bad for Drake. Him having his baby taken away from him like that. Yes 40 deserves praise for seeing that paper. And they way Nicki rushed to get to him shows how much she loves them both. but that cop was about to get slapped. Not letting her get by. Please update soon I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG NOOOOOOOO NOT MY BABY SCARLETT!!! :((( Omg who would've thought Lisa or Samantha or whatever the fuck her name is would be a fuckin kidnapper?!?! That is some scary shit likeee at first when Drake was looking at his accounts, I honestly thought Sacrlett's mom is alive for a second :| But lawwwwd why would he give such information to Lisa in the first place?!? That IS kinda his fault but I can't blame him. But he needs to know he can't just trust a gaht damn nanny like that! *Sigs* Simba was barking for a reason, I wish Drake would've checked around the house once before going back to bed :// And now my baby's gone :( S/o to 40 for rushng to his house at midnight. He is a true best friend! But omg I feel so bad for Aubs :(( I know what he is going through is difficult but he has to be strong. So glad that Nicki made it there in time and not late, he really needs her right now. Ughhh Lisa better keep her fuckinhands to herself! I swear if she hits Scarlett, ughhh I will not accept that! They need to find my baby soooon I cannot deal with this :( Ohio?! Fuck is she goin to Ohio for?! Ahh hopefully they find Scarlett soon and she better not be hurt or something! Post sooooooooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so this must mean my character is coming in soon to beat df outta that bitch then slicing her head in half! (>-<) I can't believe that bitch has MY BABY! I'm sooooo fuxken furious about this chapter! I should beat you for writing this but I'm not. I KNEW it was something about her I didn't like. And did I read it correctly, because I thought I read that Lisa could possibly be a man? The hell kinda freaky shit is that? I want Lisa/Samatha/whoever df she is dead! My baby doesn't even have her bunny with her UGHHHHHH wtf! Great chapter. Can't wait for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'ma need you to post again soon, cause no. Like no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See I had the same feeling Nicki had when Lisa came. The very first time when Drake bumped into her with the laundry basket, I could tell she was up to something but this is just over the top. Poor Scarlett...COME HOME SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That FUCKING BITCH!!!! I hope Nicki beats her ass Queens style when they find her....*screaming with rage*........OMG I feel so sorry for Drake right now *CRIES*.I hope the police find Scarlett soon and I hope Scarlett is ok...


    Post soon plz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This had me at the endge of my bed since the part where Simba was barking out of nowhere !! And than the news paper about Lisa or shall I say Samantha was scary in a way :| Ughhhhhhh ! I hope Drake and Nicki and 40 find Scarlet :'( please please please update ASAP !I need to know what happens, thank youf for an amazing Chapter girl <3 !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When are you going to post again! Ive been going through a withdrawal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enough is enough...............
    You need to update I need to know if they found Scarlett. YOU TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE IS SCARLETT EVEN IN EXISTENCE ANYMORE :( POST SOON IF YOU WANNA SAVE SCARLETT WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT TRICK DONE DID TO SCARLETT IN THIS LONG ASS TIME FRAME j/k. But honestly ma please update soon :)

    ReplyDelete