Friday, November 18, 2011

CHANCE MEETING

CHAPTER 1

Hi guys this is my first time writing a FICTIONAL Story. I hope you guys like it. I want to know what you think, that'll determine if I continue the story or not. Enjoy.

It was mid-day when Nicki decided to finally get out of bed. For the past few months she has been working non-stop trying to kick start her rap career doing daily studio sessions and nightly shows. She already had her first mix tape out called Playtime is Over and she was already working on her second mix tape. She was always tired but she knew she had to make it work. Nicki rolled out of bed and sighed. She slipped her feet in her pink fuzzy slippers and made her way to the bathroom to relieve herself, wash her face and brush her teeth. After she was finished, she made her way to the kitchen to fix something to eat. She decided on pancakes, turkey bacon, egg whites and some orange juice. Nicki gathered all the necessary ingredients and began preparing breakfast. After she was done cooking, she settled in the dining room and ate. Nicki jumped when her phone started to light up and vibrated. She picked it up

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey Nic" safaree said

"What’s up?"

"Are you going into the studio today?"

"Nope, it's my day off....why nigga?"

"Good because Lauren, Candi and Tyesha want to go to the mall, you wanna come with us?"

"I really don't feel like going anywhere today safaree, I just wanna chill at home"

"I understand Nic, you need your rest. Call me if you need anything ok!?"

"Thanks and I will"

"Bye"

"Bye" She hung up, finished her food and walked to the kitchen and rinsed the plate and glass cup and placed it in the dishwasher. Nicki made her way back to her bedroom and grabbed her notebook that she writes all her raps in and made herself comfortable. She began writing everything that came to mind. Two hours passed and she started to get a burst of energy to go and lay down some tracks in the studio. She hopped out of bed and ran to turn on the shower, setting it to the perfect temperature. After she felt it was warm enough she stepped in and grabbed her loofah and her Tone body wash. She started lathering her entire body and rinsed until she was squeaky clean. Stepping out of the shower she grabbed her towel that was hanging on the rack beside it. She made her way over to her closet to pick out her clothes for the day. She decided on some dark blue skinny jeans and a purple tank top. She quickly placed her outfit on the bed and walked over to the dresser to grab her Johnson’s cocoa butter lotion. After she was done getting dressed she sprayed on some of her Dior perfume, slipped on some sandals and grabbed her purse, keys and was out the door.

*At the studio*
Nicki pulled up and immediately saw a lot of cars in parking lot which meant she'll probably would be there all night. She took the key out of the ignition and grabbed her purse and notebook. Once she made her way into the studio Nicki noticed some unfamiliar faces and wondered why they were there but didn't say anything. She spotted one of the engineers and quickly approached him.

"Hey Mark" she said.

"Hi Nic, I wasn't expecting you today. Why you not resting on your day off?"

"I don't know I just can't rest until I know that I've made it"

"I feel ya Nic, can't knock your hustle"

"Anyways who are all these people here today?"

"I don't know yet I just got in a minute ago but they from Canada I think Martin mentioned something about
producers from Canada yesterday!"

" Canada!?! Do Canadians know about rap" she laughed.

"Nic you’re a trip, let me go setup and I'll meet you in studio 4 in about 30 minutes ok?"

"Ok" she said. A few minutes later Nicki decided to go get settled in the booth, so she made her way down
the hall to studio 4. As she was walking she crossed paths with someone walking out of studio 3 which was directly across from her studio for the day. The gentleman had on a black t-shirt with some khaki cargo pants, and all black Jordan’s. His hair was in a curly Afro with a clean cut tape. Nicki found herself staring for a minute and quickly snapped out of the trance she was in when he spoke up first.

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother you but do you know where the back door to the parking lot is?"

"Yeah it's right around the corner to the left" she directed.

"Thank you, by the way I'm Drake" he said shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you Drake, I'm Onika but everyone calls me Nicki", she blushed.

"Nice to meet you to Nicki", he smiled.

"So are you a producer or something?"

"No, I'm actually an upcoming rapper, how about yourself?”

"Really! I'm also an upcoming rapper"

"Wow" They said together. They both busted out in laughter. Nicki couldn't help but expose her deep dimples. He noticed them and he immediately pointed them out.

"I like your dimples they're cute" he said pointing at them.

"Thank you" she said smiling. The moment got a little awkward when he spoke again.

"We'll I guess I'll see you around then, whenever we make it big" he said with enthusiasm.

"I hope you're right" she sighed.

"Me too"

"Bye"

"Goodbye Nicki" He said leaving. She watched him walk away, then opened the door to the studio, set her stuff down on the chair and entered the booth. Just then Mark walked in, sat in his chair and asked "You ready Nic?"

"Yeah, whenever you are" she spoke into the mic.

"Ohk lets do this"

*Drake's P.O.V*
"Forty, Imma take 5" he stated standing up.

"Aight, you know we got 2 hours before we leave and head back to Toronto right?"

"Yeah man, I just gotta handle this right quick"

"Handle yo business, man" 40 stated. With that I exited the studio and ran into this beautiful girl making her way to what looked like the studio across from mine. While conversing with her I learned that she was also a rapper. I couldn't believe how amazing she looked, and when she laughed exposing her deep dimples, I think I fell in love right there. We both said our goodbyes and parted ways. I made my way to the parking lot and called my mother. A couple rings later she finally answered.

"Hello Aubrey"

"Hi mom, how are you guys doing?" I asked.

"We're doing good, Scarlett is just napping; we just got back from the Little Gym"

"Oh ok, did she enjoy it?"

"She didn't want to leave" she smiled.

"Hahaha, well I'm glad she liked it" he laughed.

"More like LOVED it" Sandi said.

"Thanks mom for watching her for me while I'm-"

"Aubrey you know that I don't mind, she's my granddaughter" she said cutting him off.

"I know ma, listen I really gotta go but thanks again, I love you and kiss Scarlett for me too"

"I will baby, go back to work and try not to worry too much ok?"

"Ok ma, I should be home around 1 in the morning, my plane leaves at 10:45"

"Ok bye baby"

"Bye mom" With that I hung up the phone and headed back in the studio where 40 was waiting. Yes, I was a single dad. My daughter's mother was killed in a tragic car accident last year. Ever since then I really had no intentions on dating for a while. Even though my daughter couldn't quite understand what had taken place since she was only 15 months I tried my best to make everything seem normal for her. I was only thinking about how everything would affect her. In my mind I know I could never let anything happen to her in my care. She is my world, without her I don't know how I'll go on with life. Most women run when you say you have a child at home. If I was to ever have a relationship, my partner would definitely have to love my daughter too. I'm certainly not looking for anyone right now, my music and Scarlett are the main priorities in my life right now. I only focus on those two but doing everything on my own is very lonely sometimes. I recently got signed with Lil Wayne's group called Young Money. He recruited me a month ago, and I was planning on making a move from Toronto to LA in a few weeks. I hope the move goes smoothly for Scarlett's sake. So much has changed already and I definitely don't want to make it worse. A few minor details had to be worked out though, I am only in New York to work on this song then I'm back home.

*Back in the Studio*
Nicki spat a couple bars for the feature she was working on and exited the booth. She grabbed her notebook and was about to start writing again when she felt eyes looking at her. She looked up to see Mark with his arms crossed over his chest starring at her.
"What?" she asked

"You’re a fuck'n beast in the studio; Nic the shit you lay down is crazy"

"Hahaha nigga you a fool" she laughed

"Naw I'm serious yo"

"Whatever Mark, Imma go call SB, I'll be right back"

"Aight Nic" Nicki exited the studio and dialed SB's phone number and waited for him to answer.

"Hello" he said.

" Safaree where are you?"

"I'm still at the mall with Candi, Lauren and Tyesha, why?"

"I'm at the studio right now and I want us to work on the song we talked about couple days ago"

"Ok Nic, Imma finish up here then I'll be on my way ok?"

"Ok nigga hurry up and tell my girls they better come too"

"Aight we'll be right over"

"K, bye" with that she walked back into the studio. An hour had passed when Safaree entered the studio with the girls. Nicki ran to them to hug them, she really haven't spent much time with them because of their work schedules rarely meeting.

"Hey TT" she said hugging her.

"Hi Nicki, we've missed you hunny"

"I miss you guys too" she said hugging the rest of them. The girls settled down on the couch and Nicki entered the booth again. Safaree sat next to Mark and they both worked together on the beat while Nicki began spitting a couple rhymes. Tyesha, Candi and Lauren just sat back and watch their best friend handle business. After a few hours in the booth Nicki was finished with the song. Candi decided that they should all go out for some drinks just to catch up on each other’s lives. Everyone agreed and soon they said their goodbyes to Mark and slowly exited the studio. By now it was almost 11pm when they pulled up to Wet Willies. They each ordered their drinks and sat at one of the tables. Nicki really didn't drink that much so she just settled for a strawberry daiquiri. Safaree ordered two shots of patron while Tyesha settled for a PiƱa Colada. Lauren and Candi both got apple martinis. They all were catching up and having a good time. Nicki was just happy to be around her friends and enjoy their laughter and convos. Soon Safaree didn't say a word he just sat with his head on the table and Nicki knew he was completely tired. Tyesha looked at SB and grabbed her camera snapping a couple photos and laughed. "I think we wore him out today girls!" Lauren and Candi looked at each other and said "We sure did". Nicki just shook her head and laughed. Safaree picked his head up from the table a said "Never again am I going shopping with three women". Everyone started laughing and got up from the table and headed to their respective vehicles. Safaree hugged Nicki and sat in the car and waited for the girls. They hugged and each said their goodbyes and headed home.

Once Nicki got back home all she wanted to do was lay in her bed and sleep. As soon as she made it inside her bedroom she flung herself onto the bed and just laid there. She couldn't help but think about how cute Drake was even though she just met him, she felt like somehow they had a strange connection. Nicki really didn't date much either, after her last relationship fizzled she decided to focus more of her energy into her music. She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and picked up her blackberry to call her mother. She called to check in at least three times a week no matter how busy she was. Nicki dialed her mother's number and waited for her to pick up.
"Hello" Ms. Carol answered.

"HI MOMMY!!" Nicki said loudly.

"Hey baby, how's everything going?" Mama Carol asked.

"Ughh, it’s going good I guess"

"Well what do you mean you guess?"

"I don't know ma, sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time, then on the other hand I feel like I'm getting there"

"Well don't stress yourself out thinking about it baby, God will work everything out you just have to trust and believe in him"

"I know, I'll try hard not to think about it"

"That's good baby"

"Where's Jelanie and Ki"

"They're in the living room with your father watching the game, hold on.....Baby your on speaker...talk"

"Hi guys" she yelled through the phone.

"Hi Nicki" they said in unison never breaking their focus from the game.

"They're really into that game" her mother said laughing.

"Haha ok, I'll talk to guys later"

"Ok, I love you"

"I love you too" Nicki hung up and threw her phone on the bed. Nicki was just about to jump in the shower when her phone rang.

"Hello" she answered.

"Hey Nic, I have great news for you" it was Mark.

"Ok, what is it" she said sleepily.

"Nic, Wayne just hit up Martin and he's interested in meeting and signing you"

"Mark tonight is just not the night for y'all to pull a prank on me"

"I'm really serious Nic, here let me pull up the voicemail he left Martin"

Mark began playing the voice message that Wayne left. Once she heard the message Nicki immediately started screaming for joy.

"OMGGGGG, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!! WEEZY F BABY WANNA SIGN MEEEEEE!!!!!!
Mark waited for Nicki to calm down to tell her the rest.

"Nic, he wants to fly you out to LA tomorrow and talk business". "I'm booking two plane tickets for tomorrow morning at 9am"

"Ok thanks Mark, I'm gonna call Safaree right Now!!" she said excitedly.

Nicki got off the phone and quickly called SB. Even though he was really tired he answered groggily. When Nicki started to tell him the news he was instantly excited for her and he was glad that her dreams were slowly becoming a reality. She and Safaree each packed their bags for tomorrow. Nicki went to bed with the biggest smile on her face, she wished tomorrow would hurry up and come.

*PLEASE COMMENT*

5 comments:

  1. Haha, so this was a good way to start ya story off. I like so far & I'm very interested to see how this story goes. & *gasps* Aww Drake is a single dad :/ That's sad about how her mom died. Yeah I'ma need you to post again asap! I'm lovin' this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww!!!!! I like this!! ^_^ I wldn't mind another post. Actually , I really want another post. Like ASAP!! Lol, I cn't believe Drizzy's a daddy!! Aw, 1st time I've read a foc with him as a single dad. Niiice :) post soon babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I luvd ur story. Drake's a single dad, how cute but sad that his baby mama died. Post Soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHEMGEE!!!!! I was WAITING! I knew you were going to post one day! I LOVED! ❤.

    Yooo.... I was BLUSHING! This did something to me! It was just so freakin cute! It is so cute how Drake has a daughter! I'm so proud of him! So cute! That one part.. :( aww.
    YAYYYY NICKI! *pops open some water.* LOL.

    I need more my love! [pauz.) post sooner than later!! Dittto :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good start, I hope you post again soon!

    ReplyDelete