Monday, November 21, 2011

NEW BEGINNINGS

CHAPTER 2

Hey guys I'm back with the new chapter. Thank you ALL for reading. Enjoy.




Nicki and Safaree arrived at the airport early the next day to meet Martin. Martin went over a few things with Nic and SB before they boarded the plane to LA. It was now 8:30am and the flight attendant announced that the plane was now boarding. Nicki hugged Martin and started getting in line and SB dapped Martin and followed Que.

Once Nicki and SB got comfortable in their first class seats Safaree started to drift off to sleep. Nicki couldn't fall asleep that easily, she was busy thinking about how her and Wayne's meeting would go; she was too excited at this point. She turned to SB and shook him, he didn't answer but he shifted in his chair.

"Safaree wake up" she said.

"What Nic, go to sleep"

"I can't"

"And why not?"

"I'm scared, anxious and excited all at the same time" Safaree sat up and looked at her.

"Nic you have nothing to worry about you're beautiful and talented artist"

"I know but I just can't help my emotions right now"

"Just try and rest up for your big meeting today ok"

"I'll try" With that safaree adjusted the seat to his liking and Nicki did the same. Before long they both were fast asleep. Three and a half hours into their flight the pilot came on the announcer and informed everyone that they will be reaching their destination in 15 minutes. Safaree nudged Nicki softly to wake her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes and yawned.
Once the plane landed they quickly grabbed their carry-ons and exited. Martin told them that a driver would be waiting at the airport to drive them around. As soon as they walked into the terminal a man held a sign with "Nicki Minaj & Safaree" written on it. They made their way over to him and introduced themselves. It was a short ride to the hotel. When they arrived they went to service desk to get their room keys. Nicki and SB had to share a room, but neither didn't mind because they were friends and nothing more plus they had separate beds. They didn't even have time to get settled into the room because the meeting was in half an hour.
It was 2:30 when they arrived at Wayne's LA studio. Nicki was really getting nervous now that she was there, she felt knots forming in her stomach. They entered the studio and was immediately welcomed by Wayne. Nicki and Wayne started talking business and Wayne started talking about Young Money and what it was all about. Safaree just sat back and listened, only spoke if he was needed. After their meeting with Wayne which involved a short studio session, Nicki and SB headed back to their hotel.

*The next day*
They arrived at the studio at 1pm. Today was the day that everyone Wayne was recruiting for Young Money was going to meet up for the first time. When they arrived, they were greeted by some members and got comfortable listening and talking about their personal music goals and even joked around a little bit. There was Tyga, Chuckie, Mack Maine, Gudda Gudda, T streetz, Shanelle, Lil twist and of course Wayne and Birdman. There was one person that was missing from the group, Drake. He was running a bit late because his flight was delayed. When Drake finally arrived with 40 he dapped Wayne and went around the room mingling with everyone. Nicki's mouth dropped, she couldn't believe that they were going to be on the same label. When he spotted her, he smiled. He made his way over to her; she started to fix herself and smiled. Safaree was watching them both, he laughed and continued his conversation.

"Nicki" he said smiling.

"Drake" she responded.

"Nice to see you again"

"Same here considering your not from here"

"Hahaha, I know right...you have a point there"

"I do don't I?" she said with sarcasm.

"Oh so your being sarcastic now, ok"

"I'm just playing"

"Ok, well how have you been?"

"I'm good, what about you?"

"I'm a little jet-lagged but other than that I'm good"

"Hahaha...I understand exactly how you feel"she laughed.

"When did you came in from New York"

"Yesterday" she replied.

"Oh ok, did you come by yourself?"

"No, I brought my hype man SB" Nicki said pointing to Safaree.

"Oh, you have a hype man?! That's cool!" He said following her hand.

"Yeah he's been with me from the beginning, he's my best friend!"

"That's what's up, good friends are hard to come by these days" he said facing her again.

"I know, so did you come by yourself?"

"No actually I came with 40, my producer. He's my best friend too"

"Nice, I guess we have a little bit in common then"

"Yeah, I guess your right" he said shaking his head smiling. Wayne began talking to the group welcoming each of them and said a couple words to them. After his little welcoming speech Birdman entered the room.

"Anyone ready to celebrate!!!!"

"Hell yeah" echoed through the room.

"Lets go then!" Everyone piled into their vehicles and made their way to the club.

*At the Club*
Young Money had their private section blocked off. Everyone was popping bottles and enjoying themselves. Of course, Chuckie, Lil twist weren't old enough to participate but that didn't stop them having fun. Nicki was in the corner holding a glass of champagne and whining to the music. She was happy about her new label and her new music family. Drake was at the other end watching her every move sipping rosay. He found her so sexy and her dancing just made her even sexier to him. She looked in his direction and he looked away. She silently chuckled at how shy he was being right now. Drake started walking outside when 40 stopped him

"Hey man, you ok"

"Yeah, why you asking "

"Cause I saw the way you was looking at Nicki"

"Oh...you saw that"

"Yeah I did, man what's up you....feeling her?"

"Yeah kinda I guess, I just need some fresh air I'll be fine"

"Well why don't you just go over there and talk to her then"

"I do talk to her, what you talking about?"

"Well tell her you feeling her"

"I can't"

"Why?"

"I don't think I'm ready for that kind of relationship yet after you know"

"I feel you man just don't completely ignore your feelings for her she might actually be a good for you, and besides it been a year"

"I won't but right now may not be the best time"

"Remember God always bring someone in your life to help you through hard times"

"I'll remember that, Thanks man"

"No problem" Drake continued outside and let out a big sigh. He was thinking about everything and how it was changing. He didn't know if he could handle it all at once, his plate was full and he was a little bit overwhelmed. He exhaled deeply and returned to the VIP section of the club. Nicki saw him re-entered and she could tell something was really bothering him. She made her way to him to see if he needed someone to talk to. He was sitting in one of the lounge chairs pouring some more rosay in a glass.

"Hey are you ok" she said looking down at him pouring his drink. He looked up hearing her familiar voice.

"I'm ok, is something wrong"

"No...no I'm good, I just thought you wanted some company you look a little down"
He sighed, "To be honest, I'm a little bit overwhelmed."

"Well do you want to talk about, I'm all ears." Drake really didn't feel like talking about his problems to no one except 40, but since she showed concern he figured he'll let her in just a little.

"Yeah, lets find somewhere more private to talk"

"Ok"

They both walked to another end of the VIP section where no one could bother them. She sat down first and he followed. He began telling her how stressful it was to be in a new country with limited friends and relatives. He also told her about how hard he was working and the constant trips back and forth between the U.S. and Canada. Nicki listened tentatively and frequently nodded her head understanding his frustration. He didn't feel like mentioning his daughter just yet, he didn't feel like explaining everything all in one night for fear she would be too overloaded tonight with all his problems. During their long conversation, Nicki began opening up to him too. She didn't know how to explain it but she felt like she could tell him anything. She finally found someone she can actually talk to and it not turn into a sexual conversation. She really liked that he kept eye contact with her and his eyes not wonder to some one's ass. Just then they heard Lil Wayne hitting the stage and performing so they got up and headed back to the group who was all on the side of the stage listening. The crowd was going wild when he called all of Young Money on stage with him and introduced them to the crowd. It was now 3am and Nicki was getting tired and she was a little tipsy. Safaree saw this and walked over.

"Nic lets go"

"Huh"

"I said lets go I can tell tired and a Lil tipsy" he said louder.

"I know, you don't have to broadcast it"
She got up and and they both made their way to the car. Everyone left the club soon after that.

*Back at the Hotel*

Safaree opened the door and Nicki walked in, he followed behind her and closed the door. Nicki flopped down on her bed, kicking of her shoes. She took a big white Tshirt from out her suitcase and took off her dress. Nicki felt so comfortable now. She settled her bed while SB was using the restroom. Grabbing her blackberry she saw one text message from Drake, she quickly opened it and read it.

"Thanks for the talk, I needed that"

"Your welcome, anytime:)"

"Goodnight beautiful, sweet dreams"

"Aww, thank you and Goodnight to you too" she texted smiling. She placed her phone down on the nightstand and instantly fell asleep.

*sigh IDK why but this chapter took forever to come together. Aren't Nicki and Drake cute? Drake is down right now but Nic will fix that soon ;)*

PLEASE COMMENT

3 comments:

  1. Girl! I noticed that the one you sent was Chap 3.. I'm like *gasp* I didn't even read Chap 2! loool.
    Woah...sarcasm...ctfu.

    Lol! You don't have to broadcast it!
    Anyway , They're Amazing!! haha. It's okay. They're going to get it together. I know they will :D #TeamDricki. Okay. Mwuahhh :* nice chapter. kay? :) *reads Chapter Three.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww they are too freakin CUTE!
    LOL @ Drake staring..she caught that too, but you can tell they like each other. That immediate connection they had, plus they comfortable with each other awww..lol I can't wait to see were this goes & I wonder how she would react to him having a daughter. Anyways another great chapter, now off to read the next! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH *BIG KOOl-AID SMILE* :))))) They are soooo effing cute! I love how they just have that instant *snaps* connection! Drake is so cute!! I really wanna know how Nicki Nick will respond to drakes baby!!

    i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!
    *Reads next Chapter*

    ReplyDelete