Thursday, May 24, 2012

MOVING FORWARD

CHAPTER 17

This chapter gets a little emotional but it’s for good reason. Enjoy :)



Nicki was getting dressed and putting on her heels. She was going out tonight but she had no idea with whom. Tyesha came from New York and suggested that she go on a blind date. Lauren and Candi agreed with her. After protesting the suggestion, she decided she should go because lately she felt a little down. Nicki was a little nervous about her first blind date but she had to keep it together. She made her finishing touches to her make-up and turned around.

"How do I look?" she asked the girls. They all nodded their head.

"Perfect!" Tyesha said smiling.

"Lauren...Candi"

"Nic you always look flawless" Candi replied.

"Mhmm...he's gonna be one lucky guy" Lauren added.

"Have you guys seen him because I don't want to go out with someone who's busted" They all started laughing at her. "I'm serious" she added.

"Trust me you'll love him. He's so your type and I know you so just relax" Nicki took a deep breath.

"The limo is waiting outside so you better get a move on" Candi informed. Nicki grabbed her clutch and did one final check then the girls walked her out to the limo. Once they made it outside Nicki hugged all of them.

"Tell me how it goes!" Lauren said as Nicki got inside the Limo. She blew them kisses and they waved as the chauffeur closed the door.

Nicki arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later. Her stomach was in knots about the whole thing. She stepped inside and went to the counter.

"Hi I'm Nicki, I'm suppose to be meeting someone here" she informed. The waitress smiled.

"Yes, your guest is expecting you. Right this way!" she said walking her over to the table. "Here is your table" she said pointing and walking away. Nicki furrowed her brow at the person who was sitting at the table. She approached them.

"Drake? What are you doing here at my table?" she asked confused.

"Umm...this is definitely my table. And why are you here?"

"I have a blind date that's supposed to meet me here...at this table" she said smirking. Drake put his drink down and chuckled shaking his head. "What are you laughing at?" she asked. Drake knew that they were set up to go out with each other.

"Nicki, that's funny because I'm supposed to meet Erica here...at this table" he said adding emphasis to 'at this table' so she could get the picture. Nicki looked at him and squinted her eyes. She figured out that she was set up by Tyesha, Lauren and Candi.

"You have got to be kidding me!" she said turning around to leave. Drake got up from his seat and grabbed her hand gently.

"Hold up Nic, maybe there's a reason that they did all this" Nicki turned around.

"Drake I don't care what the reason for this is. I'm leaving!" she said breaking her hand away from his. Drake hugged her waist from behind. Nicki stopped dead in her tracks.

"Nicki, let's just talk...please?" He pleaded. She sighed unhooking his arms from around her. She turned around to face him. "Look we don't have to talk about our emotions. Let's just talk about our life and history to better understand each other because that's where I think we went wrong in our relationship." Nicki pondered the thought for a little bit. Drake pulled out the chair for her to sit. She looked at him.

"Fine, I guess it wouldn't hurt" she said sitting down while he pushed her chair in. Drake walked to the other side of the table and sat down.

"You want something to eat?" he asked.

"No. I just want some water" she said placing her clutch on the table. Drake waived down the waiter to get her attention. She came over to their table.

"Yes"

"Can you bring her some water please?"

"Sure. I'll be right back with that" she said turning to walk away. Drake picked up his drink and sipped looking at Nicki who was focused on him.

"So are you gonna start?" she asked with attitude. He placed the drink down and sighed.


He leaned forward and crossed his arms on the table. The waitress came back with Nicki’s water and placed it in front of her.

“Here you go Madame”

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome” she said walking away. Nicki picked up the glass and started drinking.

"Nicki let me start by saying that I'm sorry for the situation that happened between you and Lisa, and I don't think you fully understood where I was coming from regarding the situation" 

“Drake-”

“Wait let me finish please” he said interrupting and looking at her. He took a deep breath and continued. 

“Scarlett’s mom and I were high school sweet hearts. When we graduated, she went off to college and I was focused on my rap career. The distance became too much for us to handle at the time so we decided to part ways. We both moved on but we still kept in touch with each other. One day she called me crying saying that her boyfriend and her best friend were sleeping with each other. I went over there to comfort her since she had no one else to talk to. My girlfriend got jealous that I was spending more time with Ashley rather than her but I never hid my whereabouts from her. One day she said she couldn’t take it anymore and she broke up with me. After awhile Ashley started to come around and all the feelings we both had came back. One night when I was about to leave she said don’t and we ended up having sex. A couple months later, she told me she was pregnant and I promised her that I would be there for her and my child. She had to drop out of college for a semester and her parents were not happy. She moved in with me and I started doing more shows to support us. When Scarlett was born and I held her in my arms, I knew that I had to make it so she could have everything she needed. A few months later, Ashley found an office job so we worked out a schedule so that one of us was able to care for Scarlett. She worked during the day and I did nightly and weekend shows. One day she woke up early to go to work and I kissed her goodbye" Drake paused trying not to let his emotions get the best of him then he continued.

"I didn't know that that would be the last time I see her alive. For some reason Scarlett was a bit fussy that day and she didn't want me to put her down. Every time I tried to she cried so I held her and she stopped. It was getting late and Ashley still wasn't home so I called her mother to see if she had talked to her because her phone kept going to voice mail every time I called. Her mother called me back an hour later and told me that she was gone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and it came as a complete shock to me. I hung up and looked at my daughter sleeping peacefully as Ashley's last words to me lingered in my head. I'll never forget this, she said 'Take care of my baby'. And I promised her I would and I kept my promise. Scarlett was so little at the time and a lot had changed for the both of us, so I vowed to try and keep a stable environment for her at all times. I really couldn't deal with getting her to adjust to a new nanny when Lisa just came into the picture." Drake looked at Nicki who was holding her hand over her mouth. She reached out and grabbed his hand from across the table. Drake looked at her hand on his and then back up at her. She felt bad all over again.

"Drake I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. And I'm even more sorry for walking out on you like that. I didn't know what was going on through your head and I can't imagine how you managed to keep it altogether" Drake intertwined their fingers and kissed her hand.

"It's ok, I know you didn't meant any harm. I just should've told you about my life sooner." There was a brief pause between them then he spoke again. "Do you want to share with me what you've been through because I really don't know that much about you" Nicki looked at him and pondered before replying. She let go of his hand and took a deep breath. 

Nicki told him all about her and Marcus and how she came home one day and found him cheating on her with his ex on her couch. Drake listened closely to everything she had to say. By the time she was done, she was completely in tears. She never really liked talking about the situation because she would get all emotional all over again. Drake got up from his seat and walked over to her. He pulled her in for a hug as she cried.

"Don't worry its not you fault" Nicki couldn't speak afterwards. She was too choked up to. Drake kissed the top of her head. "I don't want you to ever be afraid to talk to me or cry in front of me. We're only humans and sometimes we need to talk about it instead of bottling it up inside." Nicki shook her head in agreement. They hugged for a few more minutes then Drake spoke. "Come on let's get out of here" he said leading her outside.

They arrived back to the hotel minutes later and Drake walked her to her room and left. When he got to his hotel room he couldn't stop thinking about what they talked about and he now knew why she was afraid to express her emotions to him. Two hours later, he grabbed his blackberry and text her to make sure she was alright.


My love: Are you ok?

My life: Yes, I’m fine

My love: I already know that :)

My life: ;)

My love: That’s what I like to see

My life: Don’t get corny on me pls.

My love: I’m not. I’m glad you’re smiling again and it’s great to know I made it happen.

My life: Don’t push it nigga

My love: Haha, ok. Did the girls grill you on what we talked about yet?

My life: You know they did!

My love: Lol, they’re so nosey.

My life: I know. What about the guys?

My love: No, wyd?

My life: I’m in bed texting you, duh!

My love: Don’t get smart

My life: Sorry, I already am ;)

My love: Haha…Can I come over?

My life: No, where’s your girlfriend? And besides you have Scarlett, and I’m sure she’s sleeping.

My love: She’s not here. And you’re right she is sleeping and kicking my butt too but I can bring her with 
me.

My life: Lmao, she can’t sleep that bad! And the answer is still no! I don’t want to start trouble.

My love: Yes she does. So it’s like that?

My life: Lol, straight like that!

My love: C’mon I won’t do anything. I have Scarlett! I know you’re lonely in that room by yourself.

My life: Fine then you guys can come over.

My love: Thank you! We’ll be over in a second.

My life: I’ll leave the door unlocked

My love: OK

Drake got up from the bed and slipped his feet into his Jordan slippers. He turned around and bent down picking up Scarlett being careful not to wake her. He grabbed her blanket, his phone and room key and was out the door. Ten minutes later he was at Nicki’s room door. He turned the knob opening the door and stepped inside then locking it back. Drake turned around to find Nicki standing there with a pink and white tee with some blue boy shorts on.

"Here let me lay her down in the bed" she said reaching for Scarlett. Drake handed her to Nicki and she walked towards the bedroom while he sat at the bar. She came back a short while later. Drake got up and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He started to kiss her but she moved her head and took his arms from around her. Nicki turned to face him. They just stared at each other for a couple seconds then she sighed.

“Drake as much as I don’t like Erica, I know what it’s like being cheated on, and I wouldn’t dare do that to someone else." He looked away. Nicki opened the fridge and got a bottle of water. "I'm going to bed, my feet are killing me!" she said leaving him there.

Drake was thinking about what she said. He still was in love with her but he knew that she wouldn't admit her feeling towards him if he was still with Erica.

He walked to the bedroom to find Nicki sitting up in bed rubbing Scarlett's head. He made his way over to her and sat on the edge of the bed. She looked at him curiously. Drake pulled the cover from over her legs and slapped his leg signaling for her to place her feet there. She uncrossed her feet and sat it on his leg and he began massaging it while she continued to stare at him. 

Nicki fell asleep while he was rubbing her feet. He placed her feet back under the covers and walked to the other side of the bed and wrapped his arms around Scarlett and Nicki then succumbed to sleep. 

Next morning Nicki woke up to find them already gone. Her phone had a message so she grabbed it off the nightstand and looked at it.

My love: I didn't want to wake you since you were peacefully sleeping. I'll see you later on :)


Nicki sighed and threw the covers off and went to the bathroom to relieve herself, brush her teeth and get ready for their final show tonight. 

---------

Tour was officially over and Nicki was headed to New York to visit her family and Drake was headed back to LA. They were slowly becoming friends again after their heart to heart. 

Once Drake got back to LA it was time to finish planning Scarlett's third birthday and send out invitations. He had no time to rest. For this birthday he decided on a princess themed bash and he got in contact with the perfect source to make it come to reality, Disney. 

Nicki made it back to LA a few days later. When she checked the mailbox she found an invitation. She immediately knew that it was  about Scarlett's upcoming birthday party. She opened it and smiled. She is one lucky ladybug she thought reading the invitation. She called up a few people because she knew exactly what she was going to get her as birthday presents.

Next chapter it's going down!! Scarlett is turning three! *throws confetti* Take a look at the invitations below :) Sorry you might not be able to read it very well but I tried, LOL


FRONT


MIDDLE PAGES
                                                           

BACK



PLEASE COMMENT




10 comments:

  1. i need another chapter NOWINGTON!! Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giiiiiiiiiiiirl, you better have that other chapter already written cause I need that pronto! Lol. Great post, I wish she would've expressed more :||| I guess the time shall come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss I'm happy they're building a relationship again! And Scarlet is mad cute saying Nicki everytime she got her sippy cup. I hope Drake breaks up with Erica.. Great chapter!! Can wait for the next post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more!!! lol i loved it :) Post soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww I LOVED this one soo much!!! For some reason, when Lauren and Candi and all of em were talking about the date, I knew it was gonna be Drake. Lol they are too cute for doing that! And THANK GOD for that heart to heart they had. That was all they needed. And omg Aubs :'( I knew his story before but the way he told it this time was just too sad. I felt terrible for him, and I understand why he said that they should have shared their past earlier in their relationship. And I think what he told Nicki answered all the questions she ever had about his past. Drake has been through a lot, and he is such a great dad. I love him for that. He plays both mom and dad for Scarlett, that's just amazing. And I'm glad Nic told him about Marcus too! Only if they would've done this before... BUT hey, it's better late than never :) After their heart to heart tho I thought they were gonna kiss :p loool it was the perfect timing. But that didn't happen, but I LOVED this flirty text conversation they had! Ha, Drake's a fool asking to come over. He knows he misses being around her, and he obviously still loves her! But I get where Nic's coming from, he has to break up with Erica first if he wants to work it out with Nicki. I wouldn't want him to cheat on his girlfriend either. Anhajndhjkdjkc he gave her a foot massage, like how freakin cute can he get?!?! :') And they fell asleep together, awwwww I'm liking this now. Can't wait till Drake fixes everything with Erica and then my babies can try their relationship all over again! I hope Erica doesn't cause trouble tho, like I feel she's gonna do somethin :/ Oh and can't wait for Scarlett's birthdayyy! My bew's turning 3, *pop's champagne* She doesn't get to drink any tho... lol but I know this party's gon be poppingtonnn! Post reallll soon! Loved this :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww, i love the invitations, everything about Scarlett is adorable. this chapter gave me LIFE -in the words of nicki minaj- lol, i loved it soo much, i'm happy they had that heart to heart talk, it was so due. you can tell that nicki might be really letting her guards down with drake this time. I love the fact that nicki is so caring and nurturing when she gets around scarlett, i guess it's her natural mothering instincts coming out. i feel nicki was right to put drake in his place in the kitchen because no girl or guy, no matter what the situation deserves to get cheated on, dump erica, have nicki, easy breezy, but i can't wait till nicki and drake finally hook up though lol=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the invitation. Its amazing to see Nic and Aubs gaining ground. Glas they kinda settled a little of their difference and they understand each others background. It was emotional hearing about Ashley and Drake's history together. No one wants to lose someone they love especially in that way cause its kinda like she forshadowed it. I love how he came over n snuggled up with Nic. They make a cute little family. He has to take Scarlett's best interest at heart because Erica aint that bitch :).
    I loved it keep up the good work. Post Soon. I know the party about the be fire. That nigga rented out Disney Land for her bday like where was Drake when i was growing up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw she going on a blind date, im happy she going out. I knew it was going to be Drake the way they said trust me ur going to love him... yup thats when i had that feeling (pauz if needed) lol. Oop Nic a lil pressed lol poor she, yes so glad she staying and im going to need her to put her attitude away for this talk geesh. That was well needed conversation between them. My poor Nicki all crying over her stupid ass ex, glad Drake made her feel better. Aww they still got the cute names, they are just >>>>>>>>>>>>>>! Nic smart mouth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i love when she get like that. Nicki is so good with Scarlett, its like her second nature =) Now thats a real woman for u, a female that wont mess with other women men>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thats a keeper! Scarlett's invitations r so freaking cute!
    Loved this chapter, cant wait till the next post!! ^_^
    ~@NickiMmemphis

    ReplyDelete
  9. S/o to the girls for setting this up.
    They needed to talk & I'm glad they finally did.
    Now all he needs to do is get rid of Erica. She's not needed since he's still in love with Nic.
    Great post! Update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NEW CHAPTER IS NEEDED A$AP!!!!!! Loool post sooon I read this chapter too many times awlready! :p

    ReplyDelete